Meatless Sausage N Pepper HeroFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb. soy Italian "sausage" links, cut into thirds shopping list
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced shopping list
- 6 medium bell peppers (3 each green and red, or 2 each green, red and yellow), shopping list
- cut into long strips shopping list
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp. dried shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 6 small hero rolls, split shopping list
How to make it
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add "sausage" pieces and cook, turning often, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in bell peppers and garlic.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, reserved tomato liquid, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and sugar until well combined. Cover and cook until flavors have blended, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon into hero rolls and serve open-faced.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating7 people
meatless I like that once in a while
Theresammmmgood in loved it
You made me a hero...Printing this one out
High Fivetrigger in loved it
This looks and sounds absolutely deeeeeelicious! I know my oldest daughter will especially enjoy it and so will the rest of the family! High "5" to you and your recipe JoyMarie!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!