Ratatouille a la MamanFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped into 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 1/4 lbs eggplant, sliced into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes shopping list
- hot red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 tbsp dry basil, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Heat water in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, eggplant, zucchini, red pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook 5-7 minutes longer, until vegetables begin to colour and lose water.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in tomatoes, pepper flakes, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, stir in lemon juice and parsley.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating5 people
Wonderful veggies. I have them all and will make this. ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Such a nice fall recipe, perfect now, when all veggies are out!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
A delicious, healthy dinner for my family. It's my goal each meal to cook as healthy and light (and organic) as possible.
Thanks for all of your wonderful healthy dishes, and deserts that you share... :D
High 5 and Gorgeous!
Debbie~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Back To Basics347 members