Slow Cooker Italian Spaghetti SauceFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage or ground beef shopping list
- 3 medium onions, chopped (2 1/4 cups) shopping list
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (6 ounces) shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook sausage, onions, mushrooms and garlic in 12-inch skillet over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Spoon sausage mixture into 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.