Irish Cream Chocolate CakeFrom sas 8 years ago
- Sponge: shopping list
- 6oz self-rising flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2oz dark chocolate shopping list
- 4oz butter shopping list
- 6oz caster sugar (very fine sugar) shopping list
- 3oz cooked mashed potato shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 4tbs milk shopping list
- Filling and topping: shopping list
- 4oz dark chocolate shopping list
- 4fl oz double cream (whipping creams can be used in recipes which call for double cream) shopping list
- 2oz icing sugar shopping list
- 3tbsp irish cream liqueur shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and grease and line two 8 inch cake tins. Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Melt chocolate in a bowl placed over a saucepan of hot water. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy, then beat in the chocolate and mashed potato. Gradually beat in the eggs, adding a little flour with each addition. Fold in the rest of the flour and stir in the milk.
- Divide mixture between cake tins and bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is firm but springy to the touch. Remove from oven and after a few minutes, turn out on a cooling rack. While the cake is cooling, make the filling. Melt the chocolate as before, stir in the other ingredients and mix well. Use the filling to sandwich the sponge layers together and coat the top and sides of the cake.
- You can also torte the cakes and make it several layers.
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
The Rating6 people
I bet the potato makes this a very moist delicious cake....and the Irish Cream too.....mmmmm, ahhhh!
jett2whit in Union City loved it
What a great recipe!!!! I can't wait to make this!!pat2me in Nashua loved it
This "5"FORK!!!!! recipe speaks to
"me 'ole' Irish Heart"
Thank-you so much for sharing...
~*~ mj ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!