Pecan Pie FillingFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a heavy 3-quart saucepan until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly; boil 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat; whisk in butter and vanilla extract. Place a sheet of wax paper directly on surface of mixture to prevent a film from forming, and chill 4 hours.
- Note: To chill filling quickly, pour filling into a bowl. Place bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice. Whisk constantly until cool (about 15 minutes).
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
Can't wait to make this cake!!m2googee in Tomball loved it
Perfect, now I can make this one. Another 5 for ya.henrie in Savannah loved it
yeah buddy! excellentjett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!