Chocolate And Caramel CheesecakeFrom charrm1 8 years ago
- Crust ingredients shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup honey graham cracker crumbs or Oreo chocolate Graham crumbs (gold or brown crust - depending on your preference) shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- caramel sauce ingredients shopping list
- 1 cup caramel sauce (how to follows) or 8 ozs jar store bought caramel sauce shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp water shopping list
- 1 tsp corn syrup shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 3 tbsps butter shopping list
- 1 cup 35% liquid cream shopping list
- cake ingredients shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 pkgs (250 g each) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate, melted. shopping list
How to make it
- Caramel Sauce: Making caramel sauce was a little bit tricky for me. I burnt it on my first attempt. You may want to check out the video on YOU TUBE "How to make caramel sauce". It is well worth watching it. Ingredients will vary slightly depending on which video you watch or simply use a caramel sauce in a jar.
- Chocolate and Caramel cake
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the graham crumbs and the butter. Press firmly into buttered 9 " round cake pan. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Make the caramel sauce and pour the sauce on top of the crust and then cover with 1/2 cup of the pecans.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar with an electric hand mixer until the mixture is well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well each time. Add the melted chocolate and pour onto the caramel, pecans covered crust.
- Bake in a 350 F degrees oven, between 45 - 50 minutes until the middle of the cake is set. Let cool completely and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving. At serving time, pour 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce on top of the cake and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of pecans. You may add a dollop of whipped cream on top. Serve.