Madras beef curry from scratchFrom zoetheunicorn 6 years ago
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander seeds shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp tumeric shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp chilli powder (or more to taste) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 500g beef, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 brown onion, chopped shopping list
- 140g tub tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup beef stock shopping list
- 3 carrots, sliced shopping list
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces shopping list
- 400g can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained shopping list
- rice, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine spices, garlic, ginger and lemon juice to form a paste. Set aside.
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray and cook beef and onion over high heat till beef is brown. Remove from the pot.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the spice paste to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Return beef and onions to pan and stir to coat with the paste. Add the tomato paste and beef stock. Throw in the carrots and potatoes. Bring to a boil and then simmer, covered for an hour or more.
- Add the chickpeas when you start cooking the rice.
- Serve with rice (duh)
- .......and puppadums too if you want, but i think they taste like fart.
The Cookzoetheunicorn Hastings, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!