Crunchy Ham And Potato CasseroleFrom knoxcop 6 years ago
- 2 lb. bag chunk-style frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 16 oz. sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt with garlic shopping list
- 12 oz. shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter, melted (1 stick) shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. cubed, cooked ham shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped finely shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 2 cups cornbread crumbs, cornflake crumbs or bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all casserole ingredients in a HUGE mixing bowl.
- Spray baking pan with buttery flavored spray, pour ingredients into pan.
- Combine melted butter and your choice of crumbs, sprinkle over top.
- Cover tightly with foil, bake 40 minutes.
- Uncover, bake 20 more minutes, or until really bubbly and topping is nicely browned.
- NOTE: To freeze one portion for re-heating later: Divide casseroles into two 8x8 or similar sized casseroles. Be sure to spray well with the non-stick spray first. Leave the crumb topping off until ready to bake! Cover your freezer-ready dish really well with a layer of PressNSeal before freezing, then wrap in foil as well. Freezer odors are banned!
- To Re-heat: Allow to thaw in fridge about 12 hours, then add 1/4 cup milk across the top of the casserole, bake at 350 for 45 minutes, add fresh crumb topping and bake about 15 minutes more.