Apple Cranberry CrispFrom jaeleepoms 8 years ago
- 2 pounds Granny Smith tart apples shopping list
- 1 pound sweet apples (like braeburn or jonagold) shopping list
- 1 cup dried cranberries (craisins) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or pinch of freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup rolled oats shopping list
- 1 stick butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Peel, core and slice apples. Combine cranberries, apples, granulated sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Mix in cinnamon and nutmeg, and set aside.
- In another bowl combine flour, 1/4 cups of brown and granulated sugars, and oats. Cut butter into flour until mixture looks like crumbs. Stir in nuts.
- Butter a 8x8 inch baking dish. Spread apples in bottom of baking dish then sprinkle with flour mixture.
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.