Sausage Cranberry Cornbread StuffingFrom jaeleepoms 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cornbread shopping list
- 3 3/4 cups cubed white bread shopping list
- 1 pound ground sausage shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried sage shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 apple, cored and chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 3/4 cup turkey stock . shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread the cornbread and white bread cubes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes in the preheated oven, or until evenly toasted. Transfer toasted bread cubes to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions over medium heat, stirring and breaking up the lumps until evenly browned. Add the celery, sage, rosemary, and thyme; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Pour sausage mixture over bread in bowl. Mix in chopped apples, dried cranberries, and parsley. Drizzle with turkey stock and melted butter, and mix lightly. Spoon into buttered 13x9 pan and bake at 325 for 45-60 minutes, or use to stuff turkey cavity.
The Cookjaeleepoms Mason, OH
The Rating2 people
This is my kind of stuffing. I'll make it on the side. The cranberries will really compliment the flavor of the dressing! Thank you so much for this recipe! Its just wonderful!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!