Alsatian Pork With SauerkrautFrom mark555 6 years ago
- 4 slices bacon cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped shopping list
- 2 cans sauerkraut drained shopping list
- 2 TBS packed brown sugar shopping list
- 4 med potatoes cut into fourths shopping list
- 2 tart apples sliced-Granny Smith works well (She is getting kind of long in the tooth and hard of hearing but she will still work pretty good) shopping list
- 12 juniper berries (optional) shopping list
- 6 Whole peppercorns shopping list
- 2 whole cloves shopping list
- 1 sprig parsley shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 4 smoked pork chops, 1/2" thick shopping list
- 4 frankfurters, slashed diagonally shopping list
- 2 Cups chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Cook and stir bacon and onion in Dutch oven or 12" skillet until bacon is crisp; drain.
- Stir in Sauerkraut and brown sugar.
- Add potatoes and apples
- Tie all spices in cheesecloth bag or a tea ball; add to Sauerkraut
- Add pork and frankfurters
- pour chicken broth over meat
- Heat to boiling
- reduce heat cover and simmer until meat is done and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove Spice bag
- Place the dish on a platter and enjoy.
The Cookmark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
The Rating7 people
omg !!!!!!!!!!! hilarious mark im crying and cant type this hahahahahahahahahaha ..love the tinfoil hat.........aliens coming aliens coming quick everyone put their hats on ..........found in kitchens everywhere........lol lolminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
YUM! You have my 5 for this wonderful sounding recipe.
Sherry you make me laugh, your a riot. LOL
henrie in Savannah loved it
beep beep...beep beep beep... which in alien language means: we have been discovered... grab the alsatian pork with sauerkraut and run!
Delicious!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!