Halibut with Sour Cream Dill SauceFrom jaeleepoms 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse fish under cool running water to wash away impurities. Pat dry with paper towels and rub with a bit of olive oil or melted butter. Sprinkle with course salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare sour cream-dill sauce by combining sour cream, red onion (or chives), lemon peel and dillweed. (Use a good, full fat sour cream for this). Set sauce aside.
- Place halibut fillets in shallow pan and roast in oven for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on thickness, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Spoon the sour cream mixture over each fillet. Bake 8 -10 minutes llonger, or until the sour cream is set. Garnish with thin lemon slices and parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- jaypo Nowhere, Us
- mikesinthekitchenagain Mill Creek, WA
- trackwidow Fort Atkinson, WI
- springchicken09 Casa Grande
- valinkenmore Malott, WA
- sampson13132003 Indianapolis, IN
- janicegougeon Sykesville, PA
- bbqguy38 Lake Ozark, MO
- alaskan Let It Snow, AK
- jaeleepoms Mason, OH
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookjaeleepoms Mason, OH
The Rating4 people
This sounds wonderful. I bet it would be really good with salmon as well. I'm sure any sturdy fish would be good prepared this way. Thank you!trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
It was very tasty, a great dish. Easy to make, too. Thanks for posting it!mikesinthekitchenagain in Mill Creek loved it