Chicken Livers in Red WineFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 pound mushroom caps shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers cored seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken livers shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Hot buttered toast shopping list
How to make it
- Heat half the butter in a skillet over moderate heat and sauté the mushrooms and peppers for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a separate skillet over moderate heat melt the remaining butter and sauté chicken livers until browned but still slightly pink in the center about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushroom mixture, red wine, bay leaf, salt and pepper then simmer uncovered over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve on top of hot buttered toast.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!