Apple Pear PieFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 4 apples peeled, cored and sliced shopping list
- 4 pears peeled, cored and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 double pie crust shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, mix the apples, pears, brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a lightly floured surface, roll out half the pie crust dough to a 12" circle. Place the dough in a 9" deep-dish pie pan and gently press it into the bottom of the pan. Pour the apple/pear mixture into the pan; dot with butter.
- Roll out the rest of the dough to another 12" circle and place on top of the pie. Cut away the excess dough, the pinch the dough to seal the bottom crust and the top crust together. Cut slits in the pie crust to allow steam to escape. Using a pastry brush, brush the pie crust with cream and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake 50 minutes or until the crust is golden and the fruit is tender. If edges of pie brown too fast, cover the edges with aluminum foil. Allow to cool 1 hour before serving.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
yeah, sounds great Peeta!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Yes this would be a wonderful pie, I've made pear pies before and they actually taste like a REALLY good apple pie only better. Mixing apples and pears together would make a great pie, thanks for sharing, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!