Healthy Low Carb Flax Seed MuffinsFrom charrm1 7 years ago
- WET INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 6 tbsps butter, melted shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup low fat yogourt or low fat sour cream or 15% cream or half and half - your choice) shopping list
- 1 medium banana, mashed (or pineapple tidbits drained or shredded coconut) shopping list
- SWEETENING INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- 1/2 cup natural sugarfree sweetener of your choice (Xylitol, stevia, etc.) shopping list
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or maple flavoring (if you want sugarfree muffins) shopping list
- DRY INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder, rounded shopping list
- 1 cup finely grounded flax seeds shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy flour or whole wheat or multi-grain flour shopping list
- 4 ozs chopped walnuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and put 12 paper cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients and the sweetening ingredients together in another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well with an electric hand mixer.
- Bake in a 375F degrees oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- NOTE: For flavour, you can substitute the banana with drained pineapple tidbits or fresh pineapple or unsweetened coconut.
- You can double the recipe to get 18 to 20 large muffins.
- These muffins freeze well.