Holy Mother Of Chocolate CakeFrom purplemist 8 years ago
- Layers: shopping list
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups hot brewed coffee shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- You’ll need: shopping list
- Two 10- by 2-inch round cake pans shopping list
- wax paper shopping list
- Electric Mixer shopping list
- A good attitude shopping list
How to make it
- For the layers:
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease those pans. Line the pan bottoms with wax paper, too. Finely chop the chocolate. Then, in a bowl, mix the chocolate with the hot coffee. Stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, sift together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In another large bowl, beat the eggs for about 3 minutes. An electric mixer works best. Then, slowly add the oil, buttermilk, vanilla, and melted chocolate mixture to the eggs, beating until it’s all combined really well. Add the sugar mixture and beat (on medium speed). Finally, divide the batter between your pans and bake them in the middle of your oven for about 65 minutes.
- When that’s done and your kitchen is smelling really, really good – Cool the layers completely in their pans. Run a thin knife around the edges of pans and invert the layers. Carefully remove the wax paper and cool the layers completely.
- For the frosting:
- Finely chop the chocolate. In a saucepan, bring the cream, sugar, and corn syrup to a boil over moderately low heat, whisking until the sugar is dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate, whisking it until it’s all melted. Now would be the time to whisk in that butter until smooth. Put the frosting in a bowl and allow to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Then, spread the frosting between your cake layers, over the top and around the sides.
The Cookpurplemist Mumbai, IN
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!