Elephants Tomato Orange SoupFrom newjoolz 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan melt butter, add onion and saute until translucent. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, baking soda and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Puree in a food processor or blender; strain through a sieve or food mill. Return to saucepan and stir in orange juice. At this point, the soup can be refrigerated until ready to serve.
- At serving time, add the whipping cream and heat gently, stirring constantly, bringing to a simmer and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Extra cream may be drizzled on top of the soup immediately before serving for a decorative effect.