Easy and Delicious Fish SoupFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 2 large fish heads ( I buy salmon since they are large heads ) shopping list
- extra fish parts and bones ( nice but optional ) shopping list
- 2 stalks celery shopping list
- 2 large carrots shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- one large green bell pepper shopping list
- one large tomato shopping list
- 1 large tomato diced shopping list
- Large bay leaf shopping list
- 2 large cloves of garlic shopping list
- salt, pepper shopping list
- one lemon quartered shopping list
- extra lobster or fish stock paste from a jar. ( I use Better than Bouillion brand ) shopping list
- 1/2 to one cup white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Place fish heads/bones/parts in a large pot and cover with water.
- Add chopped vegetables and quartered lemon.
- Throw in some salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- Remove fish and vegetables with a slottered strianer spoon.
- Reserve vegetables, discard lemon.
- Carefully remove as much fish meat as possible from heads and fish parts.
- Place back into the pot with the vegetables and season with the fish, seafood or lobster bouillion paste.
- Add some wine for desired taste
- The flavor improves greatly the next day.
- Note: sometimes I throw in drained canned salmon, albacorre tuna, clams, and if you wish shrimp etc.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
great fish reipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds wonderful. Do you remove the fish eyes?? When I was in school, we were told to remove them because they would cloud the fish stock...just wondering cause I have shyed away from making stock because I cannot get myself to de-eye the fis...moremamalou in Attleboro loved it
I can't wait to try this, it looks sooooo good!albys1 in Broomall loved it