Snickerdoodle PieFrom crossfire 7 years ago
- Recipe Single-Crust pie pastry, see recipe, or 1 rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust (1/2 of a 15-oz. pkg.) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. raw sugar or coarse sugar shopping list
- 1/2 plus 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided shopping list
- 2 tsp. butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. water shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. light-colored corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 plus 1 tsp. vanilla, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare pastry and line 9-inch pie plate. In bowl combine raw sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Brush melted butter over crust. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of cinnamon-sugar mixture. Set aside.
- 2. For syrup, in saucepan combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, the water, corn syrup, and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil gently for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Set aside.
- 3. In mixing bowl beat 1/4 cup softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in granulated sugar, powdered sugar, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar until well combined. Beat in egg and 1 tsp. vanilla. Gradually beat in milk until combined. Beat in flour. Spread evenly in crust-lined pie plate.
- 4. Slow pour syrup over the filling in pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Cover edges of pie with foil.
- 5. Bake pie 25 minutes; carefully remove foil. Bake about 20 minutes more or until top is puffed and golden brown, and a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes on wire rack. Serve warm. Makes 10 servings.
- Nutrition Facts
- Calories 385, Total Fat (g) 17, Saturated Fat (g) 8, Cholesterol (mg) 49, Sodium (mg) 289, Carbohydrate (g) 53, Fiber (g) 1, Protein (g) 4, Vitamin C (DV%) 0, Calcium (DV%) 4, Iron (DV%) 9, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet