Venison Cheddar-Jalapeno Smoked SausageFrom mrscoach 7 years ago
- 1 cup cold water shopping list
- 3 tablespoons curing mixture (e.g., Morton® Tender Quick®) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring shopping list
- 3 pounds lean ground venison shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced shopping list
How to make it
- Stir the water, curing mixture, mustard seed, garlic powder, black pepper, and liquid smoke in a large bowl until the curing mixture has dissolved. Mix in the ground venison, Cheddar cheese, and jalapeno peppers; mix until evenly blended and somewhat sticky, about 3 minutes. Divide the mixture in half, and roll each half into 2 inch thick logs. Wrap each log tightly with aluminum foil (we use casings,) and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then remove the foil from the sausage logs (we don't remove the casings,) and place them onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F (75 degrees C), 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Cool the sausages on a rack until they have cooled to room temperature. Dab occasionally with a paper towel to absorb excess grease. Slice thinly to serve.
The Cookmrscoach Franklin County, MO
The Rating6 people
Sounds amazing. I'm sure it brings quite an interesting taste. Thanks for sharing.greenlord in Montreal loved it
wow love venison and great combo high5 on this one gotta be goodmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Dunderbeck would be proud of the recipe you have presented today.
I love the proportions of the cheese and the jalapeno. Well done Mrscoach high five
* Dunderbeck was the inventor of the sausage meat machine.trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!