Pink Beet SaladFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 8-10 medium sized fresh beets shopping list
- 1 head of garlic shopping list
- olive oil as needed shopping list
- 1 vidalia onion, cut in half and then thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 hard-cooked eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of good quality mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of coarse sea salt shopping list
- several grinds of black pepper shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of sugar shopping list
- Head of boston lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and trim beets. Cut the top off the head of garlic, leave whole.
- In a double layer of foil, wrap the beets and garlic.
- Bake at least 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile hard cook the eggs. Shell and coarsely dice.
- Peel the beets, coarsely dice. (wear gloves recommended) chill.
- Squeeze the garlic into the mayonnaise,
- Add salt/pepper, sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir the dressing into the beets and sliced onions. It will turn delightfully pink.
- Line platter or shallow bowl with a soft tender lettuce.
- Pile the beets on top and scatter with the yellow and white eggs.
- A staple dish on the Easter table. It is pretty.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!