Cheddar Squash Casserole With Crispy Cornbread CrumbsFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 2c chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4c plus 2 Tbs. butter,divided shopping list
- 10c sliced yellow squash shopping list
- 1/2c water shopping list
- 2c shreaded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1(2oz)jar chopped pimientos,undrained shopping list
- 1tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4to1/2c finely chopped ham(optional) shopping list
- 2c cornbread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 13x9" baking dish;set aside
- In lg. saucepan,cook onion in 1/4c butter over med heat,stirring occasionally for 5 mins. or till tender. add squash and water. Reduce heat,cover and simmer approx. 20 mins.
- Mash squash with a fork to break up large pieces. Add cheese,pimientos,salt and pepper,stirring to combine. Continue to cook,uncovered for a few more mins or till thick and creamy. Add ham if desired.
- Pour squash mixture into prepared baking baking dish. Sprinkle cornbread crumbs evenly over the top. Dot with remaining 2Tbs. butter.
- Bake 20 mins or till casserole is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- I cut this in half for just the 2 of us. Yummy!
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
I agree this sounds very yummie, must get some squash and fix this soon, wish I had it to go with my eye of round roast recipe that I'm trying out today. It smells fantastic. Giving you 5 forks for this recipe, love squash casserole and have been l...morehenrie in Savannah loved it
Beautiful recipe! FIVE from this old bat in the wild woods of Muskoka! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Yum! Thanks for sharing...High 5!
Debbie~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it