Liver and OnionsFrom martyk35 7 years ago
- 1 packge of beef liver shopping list
- 2 medium onion sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 4 tbsp butter (liver) shopping list
- 5 tbsp butter (onions) shopping list
- 3 tbsp bacon drippings shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 gallon milk shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Put the liver in a bowl and cover the liver with milk let it sit over night and drain the liver and place back in bowl and cover with milk again. After the second day drain the liver and place in a shallow plate.
- 2. in a pie pan combine the flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- 3. slice the onions anyway you like them. add 2 Tbsp of butter to a medium frying pan. once the butter is melted add the onions to the frying pan. Once onions are cooking add the remaining butter to the frying pan.
- 4. Over a medium high heat melt the butter and bacon grease in a medium to Large frying pan. once the butter and grease is melted. coat the liver in the flour mixture. then fry until done.
- The reason for soaking the liver in milk. the milk will draw out any inpurites that may still be in the liver. this will also cause the liver to turn pink and slightly plump up. This method wa taught to me by one of my Chefs from the Le Cordon Bleu In Minnesota
The Cookmartyk35 Winona, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!