100 Whole Wheat BreadFrom sher 7 years ago
How to make it
- Combine water,honey, buttermilk powder 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour and yeast. Whisk beating strong 1 minute. Cover with plastic wrap put in oven with just light on let rise 1-2 hours until it rises and falls back into itself
- Ready to use at this point
- Beat in butter and salt and rest of flour. Dump out on floured surface and knead dusting with just enough flour to keep it from sticking to hands and surface. Knead till smooth and elastic.
- Place in bowl cover again with wrap or plastic cap.Leave again in lighted oven 1 -1 1/2 hours remove punch down but don't degas too much. Cut into 2 pieces shape into loaves place in greased pans. Spray tops with cooking spray and lightly brush with fingers to make sure it is over top. Cover. Let rise almost double about 45 minutes.
- While rising preheat oven 375* In a small bowl beat 1 egg white till frothy brush over tops of loaves just prior to putting in the oven sprinkle with oats or seeds. and slash tops on a diagonal. Bake about 30 minutes till browned and hollow sounding when tapped on bottom.