Olive Gardens Chianti Braised Short RibsFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 3 lbs. boneless beef short ribs shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 cups Chianti wine shopping list
- 1 (32 oz.) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 3 cups beef broth shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Pat short ribs dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat a large, nonstick pan with olive oil.
- Sear the short rib pieces over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until brown.
- Transfer short ribs to a bowl.
- Add onions to pan and cook over medium heat for approximately
- 3 minutes.
- Once onions are translucent, add garlic and cook for
- 1 minute; do not brown.
- Add Chianti, rosemary, beef broth and
- tomatoes to the pan one at a time, allowing liquid to partially
- evaporate before each addition (about 2 minutes).
- Return short ribs to pan, including any juices that might have
- accumulated in the bowl.
- Cover and let simmer for 3 hours on low heat to complete the braising process.
- Remove short ribs from pan and boil the liquid until it is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Return short ribs to pan and heat thoroughly.