Double Cranberry BreadFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice shopping list
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, finely grated shopping list
- 1 cup fresh cranberries chopped shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Oven Temp: 350°
- Recipe Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Pan Type: two 9" x 5" loaf pans
- Preheat Oven.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add shortening and mix on low speed of mixer to blend.
- Add the eggs, orange juice, whole berry cranberry sauce and grated orange rind.
- Mix on low setting with mixer until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Spray pans with nonstick pan spray.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake cranberry bread for the allotted time or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
Ooooh. This does sound good. I love cranberries and I love the combo of cranberry/orange. I will save this one to try. Thanks for sharing! - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
I love, LOVE Cranberry foods of many kinds. This sounds wonderful. Especially with the combination of the cranberry and orange. Reminds me of Cranberry and Orange Sauce that I serve for Thanksgiving.
Five Forks for this yummy bread...
Thank...morepinkpasta in Upstate loved it
I think I will do it as written.....just love cranberries and orange!
Thanks for posting, Peeta! Great post!pat2me in Nashua loved it