Candied Sweet Potatoes Made With Simple SyrupFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- Combine water, sugar, butter, and nutmeg into a deep
- Peel and slice 8 to 10 raw sweet potatoes or yams in same size pieces and place in liquid.
- Cover and gently boil until potatoes tender.
- Make sure to test now and then as to not overcook potatoes
- This is so simple and produces a basic but luscious candied sweet potato.
- Add salt , pepper and more nutmeg to taste.
- Embelish as you want with candied fruit, toasted nuts, etc.