4 Layer DessertFrom jill1972 8 years ago
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- ½ cup chopped nuts (pecans) shopping list
- 1 stick margarine (melted) or butter (melted) shopping list
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese (softened) shopping list
- 1 cup Cool Whip (need large container for entire dessert) shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 2 small pkgs. of instant pudding – chocolate (may sub favorite flavor) shopping list
- chocolate candy bar - shaved shopping list
How to make it
- 1st Layer:
- 1 cup flour
- ½ stick chopped nuts (pecans)
- 1 stick margarine (melted) or butter (melted)
- Combine and pat into bottom of 13 x 9 ungreased pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees and let cool.
- 2nd Layer:
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup Cool Whip (need large container for entire dessert)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine ingredients and blend with hand mixer. Drop by spoonfuls over crust (1st layer) and spread over entire crust. If this is too cold, it might be hard to spread. Be careful the 2nd layer may pull up crust.
- 3rd Layer:
- 3 cups milk
- 2 small pkgs. (99 gm (3.5 oz.) net weight) instant pudding – chocolate (may sub favorite flavor)
- Mix well and let thicken a little before spreading over the second layer.
- 4th Layer:
- Top third layer with remaining cool whip.
- *may sprinkle chopped nuts on top of cool whip or a shaved chocolate candy bar
- *Have had this dessert with pistachio pudding…..yummy
The Cookjill1972 Sturgeon, MO
The Rating3 people
This is a great recipe Jill.Do I have to chill or freeze the second layer before adding the third layer??...Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Hi Jill..Can you tell me the weight of each pudding packs in grams? Is it ok to substitute the margarine with butterahmed1 in Cairo loved it
This is one of my all-time fav desserts...so simple, but the flavors go together so well!! You cannot go wrong with this recipe - everyone loves it. Thanks for reminding me about it! I will have to make it next time we have company (otherwise I wo...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!