Drunken Veggie Pasta SauceFrom kabudokan 6 years ago
- 5 garlic cloves - finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup red wine (be generous!) shopping list
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1 whole, peeled zucchini) shopping list
- 1 medium onion - chopped shopping list
- Two 14.5-oz cans of stewed tomatoes - Italian style shopping list
- Two 14.5-oz cans of tomato sauce - Italian style shopping list
- 7-oz. can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 Tbl. kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 Tbl. black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbl. sugar shopping list
- 6 oz fresh spinach shopping list
- 1 medium green pepper - chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the red wine in a large, deep saute pan.
- Add the garlic and saute for 5 minutes over medium to med-high heat.
- Add the onion and zucchini. Pour in the rest of the wine. Stir well and cook for about another 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the next 6 ingredients (through sugar) and stir well. Lower the heat (to medium) to maintain a simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. (As the sauce cooks, you may want to cut some of the larger chunks of the stewed tomatoes as they become more tender.)
- Stir in the spinach and green pepper and continue to simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.