Poached Pears in Black Currant SauceFrom midgelet 7 years ago
How to make it
- This is tart sweet and we enjoy it that way.
- Peel pears and cut off thin slice from bottom so pears remain upright.
- Leave stems on.
- Place pears in a sauce pot and add juice, honey and
- cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to a gentle bubble and cover and
- poach 15 to 20 minutes or tender when pierced with a wooden skewer.
- Remove from heat and let pears stay in liquid till warm.
- Carefully remove pears.
- Return pan to heat and cook liquid to reduce by half or becoming a bit syrupy.
- Adjust sweetness with a bit more honey if desired.
- Serves pears warm with extra sauce.
- Optional but nice is to serve with custard, clotted cream or vanilla ice cream on the side.
- Garnish with a mint leaf is nice too.
- Yield: 4 servings with extra sauce