Sicilian Meat RollFrom kytigger 8 years ago
- 2 pounds ground chuck shopping list
- 3/4 cup soft breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato juice shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 6 ounces thinkly sliced cooked ham shopping list
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced mozzarella cheese, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chuck, breadcrumbs, tomato juce, eggs, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl: stir well
- Shape mixture into a 10 x8 x1 inch rectangle on wax paper.
- Arrange ham over meat mixture, leaving 1-inch margin on all sides.
- Reserve 1 slice of cheese; tear remaining cheese slices into pieces and place on ham
- Carefully roll meat, jellyroll fashion, starting at narrow end, using wax paper to support meat.
- Pinch ends and seam to seal.
- Remove from wax paper and place roll, seam side down on a rack in a greased shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Cut remaining slice of cheese into 4 triangles.
- Arrange on top of meat roll.
- Bake 2 additional minutes or until cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.