My Mothers Blueberry Apple PieFrom lovingmybabbyalways 7 years ago
- pastry for 9" double crust pie shopping list
- - 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- - 1 tablespoon tapioca (quick cooking) shopping list
- - 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- - 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- - 1 pint blueberries shopping list
- - 4 granny smith apples, peeled, sliced shopping list
- - 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- - 1/2 lemon, grated peel shopping list
- - 2 tablespoons butter or margarine cut into slices shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare pastry for (2) 9" pie crust. Roll out on lightly floured surface to 10"-11". Transfer to 9" pie plate.
- In large mixing bowl, place cut up apples and washed blueberries. Sprinkle with lemon juice and toss gently. In small bowl, mix together sugar, tapioca, nutmeg and cinnamon; sprinkle over fruit and toss gently. Grate lemon over fruit and let stand15 minutes.
- Spoon filling into prepared pie crust. Dot with margarine. Top with piecrust, slit the top for the steam to escape. Crimp the edges to seal. Trim extra pastry off and cover edges of pie crust with strips of foil to prevent over-browning. Bake in preheated oven at 375° F for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil strips and bake another 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbling.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve with whipped topping or vanilla icecream.