Pumpkin Oat MuffinsFrom jones2888 5 years ago
- 6 cups oat cereal flakes (Quakers quick oats) shopping list
- 2 t. salt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 5 cups whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 5 t. baking soda shopping list
- 1 T dried ground ginger shopping list
- 1 T cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin (not the premix) shopping list
- 2 t. vanilla shopping list
- 1 quart low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 3/4 cup canola oil shopping list
- paper muffin cups shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line three muffin pans with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together cereal, salt, sugar, flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon. Stir in raisins. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, buttermilk, and oil. Stir until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients with dry until batter just holds together. Do not overmix. Spoon batter into muffin cups (about 2/3 full). Bake for 17 minutes.
- Makes 40 muffins. Serves 8.
- Approx. 158 calories; 5 grams of fat
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!