Almond Cake with Cherry BrandyFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 (7-ounce) package almond paste, broken into pieces shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cherry brandy shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1/s tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Butter and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar , vanilla, and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add almond paste, 1 piece at a time, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in brandy, almond extract and salt.
- Mix flour and baking powder in small bowl; add to batter.
- Beat just until blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan; spreading evenly.
- Bake cake until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Transfer cake to platter.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
- OR, you may prefer to frost the cake with almond icing, and darnish with pitted fresh cherries.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating13 people
Oh elaine my kind of dessert yummmmmmmm love the cherry brandy in it .........** 5 ** have a great day sweetie
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Elaine, this is heaven! Marzipan and cherries cake!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
almonds and cherries great!!!^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!