Greek Penne with ChickenFrom minkie 7 years ago
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta shopping list
- 1 tsp butter shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion shopping list
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 small can sliced black olives shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (I usually add a bit more!) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- paprika - approx 3/4 tsp - just enough to sprinkle on some color shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- Additions - roasted red pepper shopping list
- Sundried tomato pesto shopping list
How to make it
- Cook penne pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and olive oil. Add chicken, onion and garlic - sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper - and cook for 3-4 minutes until chicken starts to brown.
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute until mushrooms begin to brown and soften. I stir fry this pretty hot to develop good caramelization and color.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add artichoke hearts, drained tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese, fresh parsley, lemon juice, dried oregano, and drained penne pasta to the large skillet. Cook until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper. Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookminkie Springfield, MO
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!