SLOW COOKER VEGETABLE PASTA SAUCEFrom bestcooker 6 years ago
- One 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (DO NOT DRAIN) shopping list
- one 6 ounce can tomato paste shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sliced, fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- 2 green onions, green and white parts sliced shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon dried chopped parsley shopping list
- oregano, to taste shopping list
- basil, to taste shopping list
- minced garlic, to taste shopping list
- Hot, cooked fettuccini or linguine noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a 3.5-quart crockpot with no-stick cooking spray. Place all of the ingredients EXCEPT cooked pasta in crockpot and stir thoroughly. Cover and cook on LOW setting 7-8 hours. Serve over hot, cooked pasta. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Note: I always cut up the vegetables the night before and put them altogether in a covered Tupperware container. Then the next day all I have to do is mix everything together in the crockpot, give it a good stir, and go!