Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Creamy Ginger FillingFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 box (1 lb) white angel food cake mix shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 3/4 cup (from 15-oz can) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) shopping list
- 1 cup cold water shopping list
- Filling : shopping list
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Move oven rack to lowest position; heat oven to 350°F. In extra-large glass or metal bowl, beat all cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan.
- Bake 37 to 47 minutes or until crust is dark golden brown and cracks are dry. Immediately turn pan upside down onto heatproof funnel or glass bottle. Let hang about 2 hours or until cake is completely cool. Loosen cake from side of pan with knife or long metal spatula. Turn cake upside down onto serving plate.
- In medium bowl, gently mix whipped topping and ginger. Cut cake horizontally in half to make 2 even layers. Spread half of the filling on bottom layer; replace top of cake. Spread remaining filling on top of cake. Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice if desired. Refrigerate any remaining cake.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating18 people
This sounds fabulous!michelle73 in Melville loved it
awsome ok lets try this out tasty thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
ohhhhhhh beautiful i love everything about it mama .....yummmmmmmm
a 10 for sure ...lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it