White Bean Pork Roast SoupFrom leiasuzanne 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic cut in large pieces shopping list
- 1 small-medium white onion chopped shopping list
- 6 strips of nitrate free bacon cut into strips shopping list
- 2 14.5 oz. cans of stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white beans shopping list
- 6-8 oz. leftover pork roast cut up in big chunks shopping list
- ( leftover drippings with fat skimmed is great flavor for adding to broth) shopping list
- 7 celery stocks chopped shopping list
- 2 cups chopped carrots shopping list
- 3 ruby gold potatoes cubed shopping list
- 2 white potatoes cubed shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried parsely shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large stock pot, add bacon cut into strips, garlic, and onion. Saute until onion becomes soft.
- Add canned tomatoes then fill pot with water (about 6-8 cups, now is when I add pork roast dripping if I keep them).
- Add 1 1/2 cups white beans, celery, pepper, parsely, bay leaf, left over roast, and some salt. Cover and allow to cook for about 4 hours.
- Finally add cubed potatoes and carrots. Re-cover and continue cook for 40-60 minutes more then serve with warm sour dough toast.
The Cookleiasuzanne CA
The Rating3 people
I love recipes for leftover meats! I always make a soup with my leftovers and I will be making this soon! YUM!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
The only question is whether it's a soup or a stew. I suppose folks have a hard time arguing about that with their mouths full. Hope you don't mind if I add a few fresh mushrooms to this truly 5 type dish. Goza la vida! (Enjoy life!)elgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!