Chocolate Meringue CakeFrom blueeyes68ky 8 years ago
- 1/2 c. butter shopping list
- 1 c. sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs separated shopping list
- 4 squares (1 oz.) unsweetened chocolate. melted shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 c. cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 c. hot water shopping list
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) chocolate bits shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- Shaved chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter with 3/4 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks; add melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Add to mixutre.
- Stir in water.
- Spread quickly into 2 greased pans. (8 inches).
- Beat egg whites, gradually beating in 1/4 cup sugar until stiff and glossy.
- Sprinkle chocolate pieces over all.
- Spread meringue over tops.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 35 minutes.
- Cool on racks 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- Assemble so that meringue layers are together with whip cream between for filling.
- Frost top with whip cream.
- Sprinkle with shaved chocolate.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating7 people
Yummy 55555 group..FFF added! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Love this. Wonderful!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
wow, this is really a great recipe, thanks for sharing!!!magali777 in Mexico loved it