Pancetta and Cabbage RisottoFrom katerina 9 years ago
- 1 small onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2C pancetta or bacon, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1T veg oil shopping list
- 3T butter shopping list
- 1 savoy cabbage, stalk removed, finely shredded. shopping list
- Meat broth, simmering shopping list
- 1 1/2C arborio rice shopping list
- 1/2C parmesan, grated shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large dutch oven melt 2T of the butter with the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and the pancetta and cook until the onion is lightly browned, do not let burn.
- Add the cabbage and turn the heat down to medium low. Turn a few times and cover. Cook until the cabbage becomes "colored a rich nut brown" stirring every few minutes to prevent burning.
- Add the rice to the pot, turn the heat back up to medium and stir quickly, start adding ladlefuls of broth one at a time as they get absorbed. Stir continuously. Continue doing this until the rice is soft but still a little al dente.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining butter, parmesan and season to taste.
The Cookkaterina Vancouver, CA
The Rating5 people
Risotto is one of my favorite things to prepare.
I like using the pancetta,it seems to caramelize with the onions in this dish and give the Risotto a richness that makes a wonderful compliment to the cabbage.
Very goodtrigger in loved it
Count me in on the risotto love. The carmelized onions and cabbage make this an irresitable combination. Yum.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This looks amazing,love cabbage!5 forks!lanabade in Goshen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!