Chocolate-Raspberry CakeFrom fluffy24 7 years ago
- 1 cup whole grain pastry flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 container (8 ounces) low-fat vanilla yogurt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-fat whipped topping shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup raspberry all-fruit preserves, melted shopping list
- mint sprigs for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- . Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8" round baking pan with cooking spray. 2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. 3. In a large bowl, mix the yogurt, oil, egg yolks, and vanilla. 4. Place the egg whites in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat until stiff peaks form. 5. Stir the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture just until blended. Fold in the egg whites until no streaks of white remain. Pour into the prepared pan. 6. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on the rack to cool completely. 7. To serve, split the cake horizontally into 2 layers. Spread 1 cup of the whipped topping over 1 layer. Top with 1 cup of the raspberries and drizzle with the preserves. Top with the remaining cake layer and spoon 12 dollops of the remaining whipped topping around the cake. Top each with a few of the remaining raspberries and garnish with the mint (if using).
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating4 people
Yum! Love Chocolate and Raspberry combination.
Great recipe... will make this for sure.
Deb~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
This sounds gorgeous! Keeping this to make at Christmas!! (so what if the raspberries are out of season and outrageously expensive!!)linspj in New Hartford loved it
Oh, wonderful....something for my chocolate raspberry addiction.pat2me in Nashua loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!