Harvest Apple CakeFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain pastry flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" x 9" square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples and brown sugar, stirring to coat the apples well. Let stand for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir the oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla until blended. Add to the apple mixture along with the walnuts and raisins. Stir until combined. Add the flour mixture and stir until blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.