Macaroni and Cheese with BaconFrom lovingmybabbyalways 4 years ago
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1/4 pound bacon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated onion shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups, about 6 ounces, shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water as package directs. Drain the cooking liquid into a 2 cup measure. If necessary, add more water to make 2 cups. Fry bacon; remove to paper towels to drain. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat; add 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour. Slowly stir in evaporated milk and 2 cups water. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to the boiling point; season with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and onion. Add cheese and continue to heat over low heat until cheese is melted. Add cooked macaroni; mix well. Serve with crumbled bacon on top.
- Macaroni and cheese recipe serves 4.