Cabbage-beef SoupFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 3/4 Ib. beef round, cut into 3/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 to 2 tsp. oil shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 beef bouillon cubes shopping list
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 1 large white potato, peeled if desired, cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen corn shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- Minced parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, brown beef in the hot oil.
- Add 2 cups of the water, the bouillon cubes, 1 cup of the cabbage, onion, green pepper, garlic and mustard. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer 45 min.
- Add remaining water and the potatoes. Bring to boil again. Simmer 10 min. or until potatoes are tender.
- Add remaining cabbage and corn. Simmer 5 min. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.