Cheating Italian Cream Cheese CakeFrom m2googee 7 years ago
- I box white cake mix ( I use Duncan Hines) shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 2 Tablespoon oil shopping list
- 3 large egg whites shopping list
- 1 cup coconut shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- # cream cheese frosting(I usually make 1 1/2 batches) shopping list
- # 11 ounces cream cheese room temperature shopping list
- # 3/4 cup butter room temperature shopping list
- # 1 (16ounce) box powered sugar shopping list
- # 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Grease three 8 inch cake pans; preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake according to package; then stir in coconut and pecans. Bake for about 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely then frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Can add chopped pecans and coconut to top if desired.
- Frosting between the layers, sides and top. Chill several hours.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookm2googee Tomball, TX
The Rating10 people
Sounds great! Love the shortcut. I usually make everything from scratch, but I will have to say that Duncan Hines Classic White Cake mix cannot be beat! Thanks for this wonderful shortcut on this delicious cake!!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
nice!midgelet in Eastern loved it
I have done this so many times....its quick and easy... just love the way the cake turns out...makes it a 5 in my books...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!