Fusilli with Sausage Artichokes and Sun-Dried TomatoesFrom linspj 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, sliced, 2 shopping list
- tablespoons of oil reserved shopping list
- 1 pound Italian hot sausages cut into chunks (I USED turkey sausage) shopping list
- 2 (8-ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts (USE FROM THE JAR AND YOU DON'T NEED THIS MUCH, EYEBALL WHAT YOU LIKE) shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 16 ounces fusilli pasta shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan, plus additional for garnish shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves shopping list
- 8 ounces water-packed fresh mozzarella, drained and cubed, optional, (I SPRINKLED PART SKIIM MOZZARELLA OVER THE TOP WHEN I SERVED) shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil reserved from the tomatoes in a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausages and cook until brown , about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the sausage to a bowl.
- Add the artichokes and garlic to the same skillet, and saute over medium heat until the garlic is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, wine, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Boil over medium-high heat until the sauce reduces slightly, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the fusilli in boiling water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring often, about 8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta (do not rinse).
- Add the pasta, sausage, 1/2 cup Parmesan, basil, and parsley to the artichoke mixture.
- Toss until the sauce is almost absorbed by the pasta.
- Stir in the mozzarella.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Serve, passing the additional Parmesan cheese alongside.