Praline Bundt CakeFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 (16-oz.) package dark brown sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- .............................................................................. shopping list
- Praline icing (recipe to follow) shopping list
- sugared pecans shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Arrange 1 cup pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 2. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add brown sugar, beating until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 3. Sift together 2 1/2 cups flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat batter at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in toasted pecans and vanilla. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- 5. Prepare Praline Icing, and spoon immediately over cake. Sprinkle top of cake with Sugared Pecans.
- Southern Living, DECEMBER 2007
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating9 people
Yum!! So glad you posted this recipe....its a winner for sure.jett2whit in Union City loved it
Yummy!!! Love nutty flavor cakes, thank you for sharing! 5*gourmetana in London loved it
This is really rich!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!