Country Ham in Apple CiderFrom kytigger 7 years ago
How to make it
- Place ham in large container ( I use my laundry sink)
- Cover with water and soak 24 hours.
- Pour off water.
- Scrub ham in warm water with a stiff brush and rinse well.
- Place ham skin side down in a large roasting pan.
- Pour cider over ham and sprinkle with cloves.
- Insert thermometer into ham making sure it does not touch fat or bone. Cover
- Bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 4 to 5 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees ( 20 to 30 minutes per pound)
- Carefully remove ham from pan juices: remove skin.
- Place ham fat side up on a cutting board. Make shallow cuts in fat in a diamond pattern.
- Return ham to pan fat side up .
- Combine brown sugar and mustard: spread on ham
- Bake 30 additional minutes.