Pan De Campo----- Mexican Camp BreadFrom minitindel 7 years ago
- 4 - cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2- tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2-teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2-teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 6- tablespoons cold vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 6 - tablespoons unsalted butter for frying shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar. baking powder, and salt.
- use your hands or a pastry cutter to incorporate the shortening into the flour mixture until it is crumbly.
- add the buttermilk 3/4 cup at a time and lightly stir until just mixed.......
- divide the dough into 6 equal portions and place on a lightly floured work surface.
- gently roll each portion into 1 inch thick disk about 6 inches in diameter...............
- melt 1 tablespoon butter in a cast iron skillet or heavy bottomed pan over medium heat.
- add one disk at a time and fry for 4- 5 minutes each side until goden brown...............
- repeat until all are cooked ...........
- serve immed .............
- yields 6 flat breads
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating5 people
Have to try this one as I love flat breads. High 5brianna in loved it
Love that buttermilk! These would have been great for breakfast during the ICE AGE I went through last week.trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!