Greek Walnut PieFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- Pie: shopping list
- 1 box (15 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted, cooled shopping list
- 3/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie pan with cooking spray. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using sprayed pie pan.
- In medium bowl, mix walnuts, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Pour and evenly spread 1/4 cup of the cooled melted butter over bottom of pie crust. Spread walnut mixture evenly over butter. Drizzle another 1/4 cup butter over nut mixture.
- Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut large slits in several places in top crust for steam to escape. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup butter evenly over top crust.
- Bake at 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. About 5 minutes before removing pie from oven, in 1-quart saucepan, cook honey and lemon juice over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture has a watery consistency.
- Remove pie from oven; place on wire rack. Slowly pour hot honey mixture evenly over top of hot pie, making sure it seeps into slits in top crust. Cool at least 3 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, in small bowl with electric mixer, beat topping ingredients on high speed about 2 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Spoon topping onto individual servings of pie.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating18 people
WOW this looks great.."Five Forks"greentreefrogs in loved it
Oh my gosh, I love the looks and sounds of this pie, you have my 5 forks. Can hardly wait to make this one.henrie in Savannah loved it
yummy... I can make this gluten free... and I can have the taste of Baklava again... a five for you..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!